Friday, March 6, 2009

A Dream of Rorschach

DreamRorschach-006


With all the hoopla surrounding the premier of the new Watchmen film (which I haven't seen yet but will, and am getting conflicting reports on) I thought I'd get in on the excitement myself. Not with a review of the film, a mildly thoughtful essay or even my anecdote about how at Wizard World Texas I had the misfortune of encountering a fanboy who didn't think Watchmen was all that great, who then dismissed super-heroes and science fiction as "All the same thing."

No, I've written up a discussion of the one and only official Watchmen crossover published by DC Comics back in the day. What's that, you say? There was no such animal? Hurm. You must not have been reading Denny O'Neal's awesomely philosophical (and spectacularly violent) The Quesion back in 1988 then. Ponder this: Steve Ditko's The Question and Alan Moore's Rorschach sharing the pages of the same funnybook. Hilarity ensues. Check it out over at RevolutionSF.

Or, you can head over to PvPOnline, where Scott Kurtz's Ombudsmen satire is just about 57 kinds of brilliant.

No comments: